Question Paper For Staff Nurse Exam
41. After gastrectomy, the patient has to continue a drug life long is.
42. Commonest causative organism of gas gangrene.
43. Hallmark finding in the ECG of acute MI include.
Ans: Elevating of ST segment in the leads overlying the area of infant
44. The cardiac anomaly that produces a left to right shunt.
45. The principal factor that causes vaginal PH to be acidic is.
Ans: the action of the doderlein bacillus
46. Baby friendly hospital initiative is aimed at promoting.
Ans: breast feeding
47. One of the best indicators of a nation’s health is.
Ans: infant mortality rate
48. An exaggerated pathological fear of specific type of stimuli or situation.
49. One of the major drug therapies for bipolar disorder is.
Ans: lithium carbonate
50. Typical sign of trachea esophageal fistula is.
Ans: continuous drooling of saliva
51. Poliomyelitis is transmitted by.
52. Coexistence of two opposing towards the same person at the same time.
53. High doses of antibiotics can destroy the bacterial flora of the large intestine. This can result in impaired.
Ans: blood coagulation
54. The following is the primary nursing objective in caring a child with sickle cell anemia in vaso occlusive crisis.
Ans: managing pain
55. Which of the following is a first rank symptom in schizophrenia.
Ans: somatic passivity
56. Dyslexia is a specific disorder of.
57. Inferno is a drug of choice for.
Ans: pernicious anaemia
58. The most characteristic sign of a child with croup.
Ans: barking cough
59. The cells of the pancreas which secrete insulin is.
60. Failure of the newborn to pass urine within the first 48 hours suggest.
Ans: congenital defect
61. Low apgar score at 1 and 5 minutes are reliable markers for.
Ans: need for resuscitation fo newborn
62. Which is not a indication of amniocentesis.
Ans: at 8 wks gestation for chromosomal study
63. The following is the best method for performing a physical examination on a toddler.
Ans: from least to most intrusive
64. A primary power of lower.
Ans: uterine contractions
65. The following would be inappropriate when administering chemotherapy to a child.
Ans: observing the child for 10 minutes to note for signs of anaphylaxis
66. Fear of height is.
67. The diuretic phase of burns begins.
Ans: 48-72 hours
68. The health survey and development committee is.
Ans: bhore committee
69. Important health teaching for a patient with mitral valve replacement is.
Ans: life long anticoagulant therapy
70. Typical symptom of cushing’s syndrome include.
Ans: truncal obesity, thin extremity and moon face
71. The normal sound elicited by percussing over the liver would be.
72. The best exercise the nurse should educate a patient with cystocoele.
Ans: kegel’s exercise
73. The life span of an adult mosquito is.
Ans: 2 weeks
74. Which of the following is not a psychiatric emergency.
75. An effective drug for filariasis.
76. Birth weight of a baby double at.
Ans: 6 months
77. For instilling ear drops to an infant, you will pull the pinna of the ear.
Ans: back and downward
78. The absence of one or more testes from the scrotum is.
79. Rabies is caused by.
Ans: Lyssa virus
80. Ventriculo peritoneal shunt is the surgical management of.
Thanks for reading. if you have any query please comment below. we answer your query as fast as we can.
The medical term is the absence of menstrual period (bleeding) in a woman of reproductive age is known as amenorrhea or menostasis. There are two types of amenorrhea Primary & Secondary amenorrhea.
Primary amenorrhea – in the presence of normal growth and secondary sexual characteristics the young woman has not had her first period by the age of 16.
Secondary amenorrhea -This is when a woman who has had regular periods stops having her period for a minimum of 90 days or three months or longer. caused by Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Menopause, Some birth control methods, Hormonal imbalance, Poor nutrition, Depression and Certain prescription drugs, etc.
Cryptomenorrhea or cryptomenorrhoea is one of the most serious conditions also known as hematocolpos. An abnormal condition in which the products of menstruation are retained within the vagina because of an imperforate hymen. Menstruation occurs but does not appear due to opposition to the outflow tract. Cryptomenorrhea may look like they are amenorrhea. Amenorrhea and Cryptomenorrhea involve no visible menstrual fluid. In the cryptomenorrhea, you will likely experience cyclical menstrual pain like cramping, Premenstrual Syndrome and tender breasts, etc. In amenorrhea, there is no menstruation for some reason.
Transfer of disease from one organ or part of the body to another not, directly connected with it, due either to transfer of cells, All malignant tumors are capable of metastasizing.
Excessive ingestion of food, not from hunger but due to loss of the sensation of satiety.
Congenital absence of the heart.
Expulsion from the uterus of the product of conception before the fetus is viable. this is the premature arrest of a natural or morbid process.
In a mature Morgagnian cataract, the cortex is completely liquefied and the nucleus rotates freely within the lens.