Here We are providing you the ESIC Solved Model Question Paper for Staff Nurse Exam questions like …..Hallmark findings in the ECG of acute MI include.
ESIC staff nurse exam model questions model question paper for staff nurse exam in AIIMS nursing entrance exam questions answers
Read Here Question No. 1 – 25 Read Here Question No. 26 – 50
51. The nurse is evaluating the client’s pulmonary artery pressure. The nurse is aware that this test evaluates:
A. Pressure in the left ventricle
B. The systolic, diastolic, and mean pressure of the pulmonary artery
C. The pressure in the pulmonary veins
D. The pressure in the right ventricle
Ans: The systolic, diastolic, and mean pressure of the pulmonary artery
52. A client is being monitored using a central venous pressure monitor. If the pressure is 2cm of water, the nurse should:
A. Call the doctor immediately
B. Slow the intravenous infusion
C. Listen to the lungs for rales
D. Administer a diuretic
Ans: Call the doctor immediately
53. The nurse identifies ventricular tachycardia on the heart monitor. The nurse should immediately:
A. Administer atropine sulfate
B. Check the potassium level
C. Prepare to administer an antiarrhythmic such as lidocaine
D. Dofibrillate at 360 joules
Ans: Prepare to administer an antiarrhythmic such as lidocaine
54. The doctor is preparing to remove chest tubes from the client’s left chest. In preparation for the removal, the nurse’ should instruct the client to:
A. Breathe normally
B. Hold his breath and bear down
C. Take a deep breath
D. Sneeze on command
Ans: Hold his breath and bear down
55. The doctor has ordered 80mg of furosemide (Lasix) two times per day. The nurse notes the patient’s potassium level to be 2.5 mcq/L. The nurse should:
A. Administer the Lasix as ordered
B. Administer half the dose
C. Offer the patient a potassium-rich food
D. Withhold the drug and coll the doctor
Ans: Withhold the drug and coll the doctor
56. Which of the following lab studies should be done periodically if the client is taking warfarin sodium (Coumadin)?
A. Stool specimen for occult blood
B. Blood glucose
C. White blood cell count
D. Erythrocyte count
Ans: Stool specimen for occult blood
57. The client has an order for heparin to prevent post-surgical thrombi. Immediately following a heparin injection, the nurse should: Model Question Paper For Staff Nurse Exam
A. Aspirate for blood
B. Massage the site
C. Check the pulse rate
D. Check the site for bleeding
Ans: Check the site for bleeding
58. Complete cessation of secretion of urine is
A. Anuria B. Suppression
C. Oliguria D. Retension
59. The client with AIDS tells the nurse that he has been using acupuncture to help with his pain. The nurse should question the client regarding this treatment because acupuncture uses:
A. Pressure from the fingers and hands to stimulate the energy points in the body
B. Oils extracted from plants and herbs
C. needles to stimulate certain points on the body to treat pain
D. Manipulation of the skeletal muscles to relieve stress and pain
Ans: Needles to stimulate certain points on the body to treat pain
60. The nurse is taking the vital signs of the client admitted with cancer of the pancreas. The nurse is aware that the fifth vital sign is:
A. Anorexia B. Pain
C. Insomnia D. Fatigue
61. The 84-year-old male has returned from the recovery room following a total hip repair. He complains of pain and is medicated with morphine sulfate and promethazine. Which medication should be kept available for the client being treated with opioid analgesics?
A. Naloxone (Narcan) B. Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin)
C. Ketorolac (Toradol) D. Atropine sulfate (Atropine)
Ans: Naloxone (Narcan)
62. Expulsion of the waste from the body
A. Defecation B. Micturition
C. Elimination D. Vomiting
63. The patient states, ” My stomach hurts about 2 hours after I eat.” Based upon this information, the nurse suspects the patient likely has a:
A. Gastric ulcer B. Duodenal ulcer
C. Peptic ulcer D. Curling’s ulcer
Ans: Duodenal ulcer
64. The nurse is caring for a patient with suspected diverticulitis. The nurse would be most prudent in questioning which of the following diagnostic tests?
A. Abdominal ultrasound
B. Complete blood count
C. Barium enema
D. Computed tomography (CT) scan
Ans: Barium enema
65. Hazard of high O2 concentration especially in premature infants
A. Retrolentol fibroplasia B. Asphyxia
C. Atelectaisis D. Keratomalacia
Ans Retrolentol fibroplasia
66. The nurse is planning care for the patient with celiac disease. In teaching about the diet, the nurse should instruct the patient to avoid which of the following for breakfast?
A. Puffed wheat B. Banana
C. Puffed rice D. Cornflakes
Ans: Puffed wheat
67. The nurse is teaching about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Which of the following would be most important? (Model Question Paper For Staff Nurse Exam)
A. Reinforcing the need for a balanced diet
B. Encouraging the client to drink 16 ounces of fluid with each meal
C. Telling the client to eat a diet low in fiber
D. Instructing the client to limit his intake of fruits and vegetables
Ans: Reinforcing the need for a balanced diet
68. In planning care for the patient with ulcerative colitis, the nurse identifies which nursing diagnosis is a priority?
B. Impaired skin integrity
C. Fluid volume deficit
D. Nutrition altered, less than body requirements
Ans: Fluid volume deficit
69. The patient is prescribed metronidazole (Flagyl) for adjunct treatment for a duodenal ulcer. When teaching about this medication, the nurse would include:
A. This medication should be taken only until you begin to feel better
B. This medication should be taken on an empty stomach to increase absorption.
C. While taking this medication, you do not have to be concerned about being in the sun.
D. While taking this medication, alcoholic beverages and products containing alcohol should be avoided.
Ans: While taking this medication, alcoholic beverages and products containing alcohol should be avoided.
70. The nurse is preparing to administer a feeding via a nasogastric tube. The nurse would perform which of the following before initiating the feeding?
A. Assess for tube placement by aspirating stomach content
B. Place the patient in a left-lying position
C. Administer feeding with 50% Dextrose
D. Ensure that the feeding solution has been warmed in a microwave for 2 minutes
Ans: Assess for tube placement by aspirating stomach content
71. Which is true regarding the administration of antacids?
A. Antacids should be administered without regard to mealtimes
B. Antacids should be administered with each meal and snack of the day.
C. Antacids should not be administered with other medications.
D. Antacids should be administered with all other medications, for maximal absorption.
Ans: Antacids should not be administered with other medications
72. The nurse is caring for a patient with a colostomy. The patient asks, Will I ever be able to swim again? The nurse’s best response would be:
A. Yes, you should be able to swim again, even with the colostomy.
B. You should avoid immersing the colostomy in water,
C. No, you should avoid getting the colostomy wet.
D. Don’t worry about that. You will be able to live just like you did before.
Ans: Yes, you should be able to swim again, even with the colostomy.
73. The cerebral brain cells receive_ _ _ _% of the body’s 02 supply
B. 10% B. 20% C. 30% D. 50%
74. The nurse is assisting in the care of a patient who is 2 days postoperative from a hemorrhoidectomy. The nurse would be correct in instructing the patient to:
A. Avoid a high-fiber diet
B. Take a laxative daily to prevent constipation
C. Continue to use ice packs
D. Use a sitz bath after each bowel movement
Ans: Use a sitz bath after each bowel movement
75. The nurse is assisting in the care of a client with diverticulosis. Which of the following assessment findings must necessitate an immediate report to the doctor?
A. Bowel sounds are present
B. Intermittent left lower quadrant pain
C. Constipation alternating with diarrhea
D. Hemoglobin 26% and hematocrit 32
Ans: Hemoglobin 26% and hematocrit 32
Thanks for reading. if you have any queries please comment below. we answer your query as fast as we can.