SOLVED PAPER OF STAFF NURSE IN HEALTH SERVICES DEPT
(CATEGORY NO: 224/2009)
1. Which of the following is an important nursing intervention for a patient with Cushing Syndrome?
(a) Left Middle Cerebral Artery
(b) Observe for hypotension
(c) Protect from infection
(d) Restrict carbohydrate intake.
Ans: Protect from infection.
2. Involvement of which of the following structures will lead to right-sided hemiplegia and aphasia?
(a) Left Middle Cerebral Artery
(b) Vertebral Artery
(c) Brain stem
(d) Right Middle Cerebral Artery.
Ans: Left Middle Cerebral Artery
3. Which one of the following is a common response expected in a patient with stroke, to the change in body image?
(b) Dis association
4. For doing nasotracheal suctioning, during which of the following patient activities, the catheter should be inserted?
5. What is canosis?
(a) Blue discoloration of skin.
(b) Red discoloration of skin.
(c) Yellow discoloration of skin.
( d) Pink discoloration of skin.
Ans. Blue discoloration of skin.
SOLVED PAPER OF STAFF NURSE EXAM
6. Which of the following developmental stage corresponds to infancy?
(A) Trust Vs Mistrust
(b) Autonomy Vs Shame
(c) Initiative Vs Guilt
(d) Industry Vs Inferiority.
Ans: Trust Vs Mistrust
7. The head circumference of a normal infant is –
(a) 30-32 cm
(b) 33-35 cm
(c) 37-40 cm
(d) 40-45 cm
Ans. 33-35 cm
8. Which of the following structures controls heat loss?
(a) Anterior pituitary
(b) Posterior pituitary
(c) Posterior hypothalamus
(d) Anterior hypothalamus
Ans: Anterior hypothalamus
9. How many drops in a standard drip set makes one ml.?
10. The prescription orders 0.125 mg digoxin orally. Tablets containing 0.25 mg is available. How many tablets will you administer?
AIIMS STAFF NURSE SOLVED EXAM PAPER
11. A patient who is receiving intravenous fluids develops tenderness, warmth, erythema and pain at the infusion site. Which of the following conditions will you suspect?
(c) Fluid overload
12. What is the intrinsic rate of the normal A-V node?
(a) 30-50 per minute
(b) 60-80 per minute
(c) 70-90 per minute
(d) 40-60 per minute
Ans 40-60 per minute
13. Which of the following structures is the pacemaker of the heart?
(a) S-A node
(c) A-V node
(d) Bundle of His
Ans: S-A node
14. The prescription is for two tablespoons of milk of magnesia. How many ml. will you give?
(a) 10 ml
(b) 15 ml
(c) 30 ml
(d) 60 ml
Ans: 30 ml
esic staff nurse exam model questions
15. Which of the following is intravascular fluid?
(b) Pleural fluid
(d) Synovial fluid
16. Which of the following is an isotonic solution?
(a) Lactated Ringers
(b) Half –Normal Saline
(c) One-third Normal Saline
Ans: Lactated Ringers
17. Which of the following drugs provide relief of anxiety and decreases both preload and after load?
(b) Morphine sulphate
Ans: Morphine sulphate
18. A patient admitted with vomiting, has the following arterial blood gas levels-pH 7.30; PaCO2 36 mm Hg; Pa O2 92mm Hg; and HCO3 18; what is the acid-base imbalance that is present?
(a) Metabolic alkalosis
(b) Metabolic acidosis
(c) Respiratory alkalosis
(d) Respiratory acidosis
Ans: Metabolic acidosis
19. Which of the following is a first-line drug used for pain management?
20. Which of the following is the organism that causes peptic ulcer disease?
(b) Coryne bacterium
(c) Helicobacter pylori
question paper with answer free download
21. Which of the following nutrients helps for tissue repair?
22. Which of the following patient activities helps to relax the external anal sphincter, while administering enema?
(a) Separating the buttocks
(b) Lubricating the catheter tip
(c) Inserting the catheter slowly
(d) Breathing out through the mouth.
Ans: Breathing out through the mouth.
23. Which of the following is the best method to confirm placement of the nasogastric tube:
(a) Checking patient’s ability to talk
(b) Aspiration of intestinal content
(c) Introducing air and auscultating
(d) X-ray of chest and abdomen
Ans: X-ray of chest and abdomen
24. Which of the following is a common cause of orthostatic hypotension in a bedridden Patient?
(a) Increased autonomic response
(b) Decreased circulating blood volume
(c) Increased cardiac output
(d) Decreased blood pooling
Ans: Decreased circulating blood volume.
25. Which of the following body parts has a condyloid joint?
jipmer staff nurse exam model question paper
Thanks for reading. if you have any query please comment below. we answer your query as fast as we can.